[ckan-dev] ckan ldap configuration

Divilly, David ddivilly at qti.qualcomm.com
Thu Jan 29 21:50:21 UTC 2015

Hey Christian

I recently had to do the same on RHEL 6 , here's the extension I used: https://github.com/NaturalHistoryMuseum/ckanext-ldap/archive/master.zip
Unzip and copy the archive to : /path/to/ckan/default/src/ckan
Change directory into the folder:
Run the following:
sudo /path/to/ckan/default/bin/activate
sudo /path/to/ckan/default/bin/python setup.py develop

Then in you development.ini file add the following:

ckan.plugins = ... ldap

# Ldap plugin config items

ldap.uri = ldaps://ldaps.<your_mycompany>.com:<port_number>
ldap.auth.dn = uid=***,ou=***,o=****   - You should be able to query you LDAP schema for these values
ldap.auth.password = <ldap_pass>
ldap.base_dn = o=<your_company>
ldap.search.filter = uid={login}
ldap.username = uid
ldap.email = mail
ldap.ckan_fallback = True

The above may or may not work for you as I don't know your company's infrastructure, but this should be enough to get you started.

Regards,

David Divilly