[ckan-dev] ckan ldap configuration

Gerace, Christian [ITSUS] cgerace at ITS.JNJ.com
Thu Jan 29 20:34:52 UTC 2015

Hey Community,

I recently set up a CKAN instance, v2.2.1, on an AWS server (running on RHEL 6) at my workplace, and am currently attempting to configure the instance to my LDAP. Has anyone successfully done this on a server running RHEL? If so, can you please provide guidance on how you went about doing this, and what extension you used.

Searching around I've found two extensions, but I've been unsuccessful with my attempt to configure either. Neither really provide much instructions except for the required packages and the variables that must be set in the config file. Ultimately, I'm not sure if my error is due to me not configuring the extensions right, or just incorrect ldap credentials. That is why I'm hoping someone could provide a little insight.

Thanks in advance,

Christian Gerace
Associate Analyst - Enterprise Architect
Johnson & Johnson | cgerace at its.jnj.com<mailto:cgerace at its.jnj.com>