[ckan-dev] extras not kept in case of form failure

Hendrik Bunke bunke.hendrik at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 08:14:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

might be an obvious and often asked question, but I couldn't find
the probably short answer.

As it seems, extra fields are deleted in case of any of the
default CKAN fields does not pass validation. So, for example,
having a form with many custom fields and than 'Title' is
missing, CKAN ignores all previously filled extra fields, so the
user has to do all the work again (which would be quite a lot in
our case).

I'm pretty sure there's a simple solution to that. I tried
validators.keep_extras(), but couldn't see how and where to put
that in the validation queue.

thanks
hendrik

--
Hendrik Bunke
ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics