[ckan-dev] [ckan-global-user-group] CKAN java library

Alessandro Portosa alessandro.portosa at eng.it
Tue Jun 23 12:34:13 UTC 2015

Exactly. If you don't need (don't want to use...) Maven, you can easily
figure out which sources and libs are involved in ckan4j. For such small
project it is not a heavy task. I guess you can reorganize sources and
pull down jar in a really short time!

Anyway, I would also suggest to check this out:
http://opendatatrentino.github.io/jackan/
It has been made for the Open Data Portal of Trentino (Italy). I haven't
tested it (sadly I implemented my own Java client few months ago...),
but it seems to be quite good and updated. Plus, they provide a
non-maven download:
http://opendatatrentino.github.io/jackan/releases/jackan-0.3.3.zip

Have a look!
Alessandro.

Il 23/06/2015 11:29, Matthew Fullerton ha scritto:
> My advice with Maven is always to try Netbeans first; its quite good
> at just opening Maven projects as projects and figuring everything out.
>
> On 23 June 2015 at 10:44, Skaros Ilias <skaros.ilias at gmail.com
> <mailto:skaros.ilias at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Matthew, Thanks for your reply.
>     As a matter of fact i did try to use the python client using
>     jython, but didnt work out for me. I finally turned to ckan4j,
>     which is a java client, but my problem is that they use maven, and
>     i am not familiar with it. I have some trouble setting it up, but
>     it seems to be the best solution for me right now
>
>     On Monday, June 22, 2015 at 2:35:32 PM UTC+3, Matthew Fullerton
>     wrote:
>
>         Me again. To answer your more specific issue with the Bad
>         Request error: you need to send what you are sending as get
>         parameters as keys within a JSON body. That is a POST request
>         where the body is in JSON. You can play with the API using an
>         extension like Postman in Chrome where you can set body type
>         JSON and use the API docs as guidance. Whether httpget has a
>         way to make post requests with JSON bodies, I don't know, but
>         the code I sent can do it (append .post after the .header
>         segment in the code:
>         http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/api/javax/ws/rs/client/SyncInvoker.html#post(javax.ws.rs.client.Entity)
>         <http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/api/javax/ws/rs/client/SyncInvoker.html#post%28javax.ws.rs.client.Entity%29>)
>

>         --
>         Matthew Fullerton
>         Freelance Software Developer und EXIST Stipend holder with the
>         start up project "Tapestry" - http://www.smartlane.de/
>
>         On 22 June 2015 at 13:26, Matthew Fullerton
>         <matt.fu... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>             ckan-dev in cc.
>
>             Hmm, it might be simpler to just write a Java wrapper
>             around https://github.com/ckan/ckanapi using Jython
>             (http://www.jython.org/)
>
>             However, if you want to start from scratch, I can maybe
>             give you a little help to get started; this is how we
>             access the API for the few things we need from inside Java
>             (url is the API endpoint, you can include url arguments;
>             apiKey is your API key, needed if the dataset is private):
>
>             package package.name <http://package.name>;
>
>             import javax.ws.rs.client.Client;
>             import javax.ws.rs.client.ClientBuilder;
>             import javax.ws.rs.client.WebTarget;
>             import javax.ws.rs.core.MediaType;
>             import javax.ws.rs.core.Response;
>
>             import org.json.JSONException;
>             import org.json.JSONObject;
>
>             public class CkanApiClient {
>               private JSONObject getJsonResultForResource(String url,
>             String apiKey) throws JSONException {
>                   JSONObject resourceProperties = null;
>                   Client client = ClientBuilder.newClient();
>                   WebTarget resourceTarget = client.target(url);
>                   //Set API key
>                   Response response =
>             resourceTarget.request(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON).header("X-CKAN-API-Key",
>             apiKey).get();
> [...]

*Alessandro Portosa*
SpagoBI Consultant

*SpagoBI Labs
Engineering Group*
Via Marconi, 10 - 40125 Bologna - Italy
Tel. + 39 051 0435090
Skype: alessandro.portosa
www.spagobi.org <http://www.spagobi.org> - www.eng.it
<http://www.eng.it/web/eng_en/home>

	  Respect the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you
really need to.

material from any computer.