[ckan-dev] Upgrading to CKAN 2.3

Michael Speth spethm at landcareresearch.co.nz
Thu Mar 19 22:25:04 UTC 2015

Greetings,
  I am attempting to upgrade to ckan 2.3 but have been unsuccessful.  My testing environment is virtual machines (using vagrant).  I have installed fresh ckan 2.2 and than upgraded to ckan 2.3 (through the ckan packages).  The puppet code which has been updated to work with ckan 2.3 is here: ckan_2.3<https://bitbucket.org/landcareresearch/puppet-ckan/branch/ckan_2.3>.

Note, the puppet-ckan module now works with 2.3 (on ckan_2.3 branch).

The following error is right after the upgrade (with no database re-initialization)

  *   CKAN error (no-db-init)<http://pastebin.com/HiVbqtfF>

Since it seems the database needs to be re-initialized, the following errors is after the database has been dropped, recreated, and re-initialized.  No data has even been restored.

  *   CKAN error (db-init)<http://pastebin.com/r2Yi2p18>

Anyone know what else is required for the upgrade (considering a new install of ckan 2.3 works).

Thanks

--
Michael Speth
DevOps Computer Engineer