[ckan-dev] Updating owner organization

Milo Thurston milo.thurston at oerc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 25 08:50:23 UTC 2015

I’ve run into exactly the same problem discussed here:

https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2014-May/007447.html

I.e. attempts to call /api/3/action/package_owner_org_update result in an internal server error (500) being returned. All that’s visible in the logs is:

Error - <type 'exceptions.AssertionError'>: No revision is currently set for this Session

…though I don’t know for certain if that’s related.

I’m making the API call from a Ruby script and passing JSON along the lines of:

{'id' => name, 'organization_id' => new_org_id}

The CKAN version is 2.3b.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with this?