[ckan-dev] "There is a broken url being created"

Alan Tygel alantygel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 06:45:06 UTC 2015

Hi,

On CKAN 2.5 / Ubuntu 14.04:

I'm trying to use the link_for help to generate my urls, but I'm always
getting the There is a broken url being created error.

The is very little documentation on this. My code looks like this:

templates/tagmanager/snippets/menu.html:
{% link_for _('Edit/Remove'), controller='tagmanager', action='edit' %}

controller.py
class TagmanagerController(BaseController):
    def edit(self):
        return render('tagmanager/edit.html')

plugin.py
def before_map(self, map):
        tagmanager = 'ckanext.tagmanager.controller:TagmanagerController'
        map.connect('/tagmanager/edit', controller=tagmanager,
action='edit')

And the error:
*CkanUrlException: An Exception has been raised for template
tagmanager/index.html An Exception has been raised for template
tagmanager/snippets/menu.html There is a broken url being created
{'action': 'edit', 'controller': 'tagmanager'}*

The whole code is available here:
https://github.com/alantygel/ckanext-tagmanager

Thanks in advance, and hope to soon announce here the Tagmanager plugin!

all the best,
alan

--
Programa de Pós-Graduação em Informática - PPGI/UFRJ
EITA - Educação, Informação e Tecnologias para Autogestão