[ckan-dev] Moving CKAN instance to another domain name

Tanmay Thakur tthakur at accela.com
Tue Sep 8 06:56:37 UTC 2015

Hi,
We have a CKAN instance running for few months with filestore, datastore and datapusher plugins.
We have many uploaded files and tables in datastore.
Now, we want to host the same CKAN instance on a different domain name ( Postgres and SOLR are on different VM and we can directly use it) .
I have following doubts:

  1.  What are the necessary steps in deploying the CKAN instance?
  2.  Is changing "ckan.site_url" in production.ini sufficient?
  3.  Do we need to rebuild SOLR index?
  4.  How should we point to the previously uploaded files?

Please reply even if you know the solution partially.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tanmay