[ckan-dev] CKAN Repeating - Templates?

Timothy Giles timothy.giles at slu.se
Tue Apr 12 08:13:06 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We want to use Repeating to generate a functionality that would:

1.       For (example) Contributors:

a.       Type of Contributor (selection list box)

b.       Internal ID (text field that looks up and inserts values to c, d and e)

c.       Name (text)

d.       ORC ID (html link)

e.       Affiliation (text)

We would then have the (+) Plus Button functionality, to repeat this 'block' allowing multiple contributors to be recorded.

I see a note in the repeating code mentioning it would be better in future to use templates. Question of the day is - what are these templates?

Is anyone using repeating at the moment to generate similar functionality? We don't want to reinvent the wheel! Unless it is necessary ofc.

Thanks in advance

Tim