[ckan-dev] organization_show and package_search - 2 questions

Matthew Fullerton matt.fullerton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 20:24:39 UTC 2016

Hi list,
I've tried very hard to figure this out by myself. Without success. There
is a reference in the legacy search API docs that if you want to search
private datasets, you have to use the new package_search API endpoint. This
however, does not list private datasets. There is an old mailing list entry
stating (for the purposes of searching on-site), that searching only
returns private datasets if you are already inside the organization
(faceted search???) for performance reasons. Can I translate this behavior
to the package_search API endpoint? Specifically, I'm trying to query by
organization (&q=organization:xyz)

Given that that doesn't work for me, I was trying out organization_show
instead, which does show private datasets when the include_datasets option
is provided (hurrah!) but doesn't show their resources (boo). I've searched
and searched the source code to figure out why this is but can't see it. I
also see that doing user_show also shows packages with the include_datasets
option and this WITH the resources. Why the difference?

Hoping for some insider knowledge!

Best,
Matt