[ckan-dev] Cannot upload GeoJSON [and JSON] resources do Datastore

Lars Johan Ilver LJI at odense.dk
Wed Aug 10 11:37:07 UTC 2016

Hi.
Try to validate your geoJSON using some online utility like http://geojsonlint.com/ before uploading to CKAN. It will return a more helpful error message.
/Lars

Fra: ckan-dev [mailto:ckan-dev-bounces at lists.okfn.org] På vegne af Sovello Hildebrand Mgani
Sendt: 10. august 2016 12:28
Til: CKAN Development Discussions <ckan-dev at lists.okfn.org>
Emne: Re: [ckan-dev] Cannot upload GeoJSON [and JSON] resources do Datastore

Thanks Adria!

I have managed to set that up however I face one challenge, when I want to view the map (for the dataset) I get an error: An error occurred: parsererror SyntaxError: Unexpected token y in JSON at position 1 I can't easily troubleshoot as am still new to CKAN.

(I have noticed a few issues like flattening a GeoJSON to CSV before uploading isn't intuitive, and after flattening everything goes different from the Documentation. [For a beginner that's not like me, it's not easy].)

Is there a different IRC channel from #ckan that has active users?

Thanks.

Hi Sovello,

If you want to visualize GeoJSON files have a look at
https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-geoview, which has view plugins for
exactly that

Cheers,

Adrià