[ckan-dev] translation for dataset_type

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Tue Dec 6 12:41:03 UTC 2016

Adding a facet for the dataset type would be a nice ckanext-scheming feature!

On our site the we have a "Portal Type" facet that partially maps to
dataset type (some of our dataset types are combined under a single
portal type) We added a custom facet for portal type by overriding the
package/search.html and organization/read.html templates and we used
gettext-style translations for the labels.