[ckan-dev] OpenSearch

michail alexakis drmalex07 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 11:36:00 UTC 2016

Hello Pedro.

Extension ckanext-publicamundi bases its CSW functionality on PyCSW.
In a nutshell, it synchronizes (when certain events occur) all dataset
updates to the database tables managed by PyCSW.

The relevant plugin is `PackageController` and is defined at
https://github.com/PublicaMundi/ckanext-publicamundi/blob/master/ckanext/publicamundi/plugins.py#L627
.
The synchronization logic lies at
https://github.com/PublicaMundi/ckanext-publicamundi/blob/master/ckanext/publicamundi/lib/pycsw_sync.py

We plan to isolate this functionality (something like a `pycsw_sync`
plugin), but this is a plan for the next 2 months (so dont expect it to
arrive very soon). Of course, we'd be happy to receive contribution on
this, you can
fork the upstream repo and work on a feature branch. In any case, any
issues are welcomed at
https://github.com/PublicaMundi/ckanext-publicamundi/issues

You can see a live example at Greece's national geodata catalogue
http://www.geodata.gov.gr.
For example,
http://www.geodata.gov.gr/en/dataset/geniko-poleodomiko-skhedio-demou-drapetsonas
see the "Download" button with several options backed by CSW.

Regards, Michail Alexakis
Software Engineer,
Research Center "Athena", Athens, Greece