[ckan-dev] OpenSearch

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 11:40:12 UTC 2016

Hi Pedro,

The ckanext-publicamundi extension includes many plugins, targeting
automation for publishing OGC services from CKAN.
The feature list can be found here:
http://publicamundi.eu/?page_id=542

This extension is powering the Greek Open Data catalog:
http://geodata.gov.gr/

Yes, we have fully integrated pycsw to reflect all datasets (native and
harvested).
In order to do this we implemented a plugin to fully support ISO 19115
metadata (including a metadata editor) in order to be able to
synchronize the datasets to pycsw database:
https://github.com/PublicaMundi/ckanext-publicamundi#update-ckan-configuration

Please let me know if you have more questions about this.
We are in the process of making those plugins stand-alone in order to be
able to use separately, but this takes a while :)

Best,
Angelos

On 02/03/2016 01:01 PM, Pedro G Silva wrote:
> I found a plugin https://github.com/PublicaMundi/ckanext-publicamundi which
> provides CSW out of the box for all datasets. I am in the process of trying
> to extract the relevant code and maybe try and create and extension which
> ckan itself could use? Or myabe the authors could do it? Is this of
> interest to ckan?
>
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 10:07 PM, Tom Kralidis <tomkralidis at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> FYI the pycsw endpoint provides OpenSearch (and OAI-PMH and SRU)
>> support our of the box. In all cases this is against harvested
>> content. We could implement a custom OpenSearch endpoint however It
>> would be valuable to look into enhancing CSW/etc access beyond just
>> harvested content.
>>
>> ..Tom
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Pedro G Silva
>> <pedro.gracio at deimos.com.pt> wrote:
>>> Hi All
>>> I'm looking for something that implements or adds opensearch like
>> queries to CKAN. I found out about the ckan-harvest plugin with the spatial
>> one, using pycsw, but this adds the inconvienet of having to write my own
>> harvester (I explored that front, but the documentation on this is not
>> great). On http://ckan.org/open-standards/ it states CKAN "includes a CSW
>> server to present a CSW interface to its own data" . Is this misleading? Or
>> is a reference to the spatial CSW support?
>>> --
>>>

>>> Pedro Gracio Silva
>>> Aerospace Systems / Production Center
>>>
>>> Av. D. Joao II, Lt 1.17.01, 10 • 1998-023 Lisboa, Portugal
>>> Ph: +351 21 893 3020 • Fax: +351 21 896 9099

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos