[ckan-dev] Launch of Swiss opendata portal "opendata.swiss"

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Wed Feb 3 15:40:43 UTC 2016

Hi Maurizio,

The only information available on the portal is the terms of use page,
where you can find a description of all the options:
https://opendata.swiss/en/terms-of-use/

I know that there were a lot of discussions about this topic, and that in
the end it was important to note, that the "terms of use" are in fact not
"licenses".
it's probably best if you contact the Swiss Federal Archives, they are the
leading organization behind the portal: opendata at bar.admin.ch

- Stefan

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 12:17 PM, Maurizio Napolitano <napo at fbk.eu> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Stefan Oderbolz <stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch>
> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm very happy to announce that - after 9 month - we have finally
> launched
> > the opendata portal of Switzerland: https://opendata.swiss
>
> Hi Stefan
> I like a lot your job
> I have a question, but more related on the topic of the licesing.
> For this reason I think this place is not right to begin the discussion.
> I'm very curious about the licesens used on the catalog.
>
> From what I understand you created customized licenses inspired by the
> creative commons.
> On the site I didn't find the document of the license expressed in
> language for lawyers.
> Who can I contact for more information?

Liip AG  // Limmatstrasse 183 //  CH-8005 Zürich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch