[ckan-dev] Spatial Searches on the actual row data not the dataset

Conor Woods conor at spatialest.com
Mon Jan 4 11:52:50 UTC 2016

Hi,
I am currently using the spatial extension for searching for datasets within
a certain bounds, I would like to know if there is any way of spatially
searching the actual data contained within the dataset through the data API?

>From my understanding the current spatial features allow you to set a map
extent for the dataset as a whole and then search for datasets within a
specified extent.
Is it possible to do the same for row data? I.e. specify a postgis geom
column for each row of data which can be searched from the API?

Apologies if this is an obvious question or this is not the correct place to
ask it.

Thanks,

Conor

Conor Woods

EU Research And Development - Senior Technical Lead

Tel: +44 (0)28 7034 2235

Mob: +44(0)7932188086

Skype: conor.woods

LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/in/woodsconor