[ckan-dev] Spatial Searches on the actual row data not the dataset

Ben Scott ben at benscott.co.uk
Mon Jan 4 12:12:55 UTC 2016

We wrote an extension to provide this functionality for the NHM data portal: - https://github.com/NaturalHistoryMuseum/ckanext-dataspatial <https://github.com/NaturalHistoryMuseum/ckanext-dataspatial>

There's an API for spatial queries (see the readme for details) and you can see an example of it (alongside our ckanext-map extension) at http://data.nhm.ac.uk/dataset/collection-specimens/resource/05ff2255-c38a-40c9-b657-4ccb55ab2feb?view_id=f4301659-ef2a-4239-a0d5-cce3c46f7a30 <http://data.nhm.ac.uk/dataset/collection-specimens/resource/05ff2255-c38a-40c9-b657-4ccb55ab2feb?view_id=f4301659-ef2a-4239-a0d5-cce3c46f7a30>

It’s working on our CKAN 2.3 instance - haven’t tried it on more recent versions, but if you run into any issues do just drop me an email.

Cheers,
Ben

Data Portal Lead Architect
Biodiversity Informatics,