[ckan-dev] CKAN + Wordpress

Shihoko Takahashi shihoko_t at icloud.com
Fri Jan 29 06:39:45 UTC 2016

Hello,

Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I found an old Q&A that is related (https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2013-September/005868.html), so I am asking here rather than StackOverflow or Google group.

I am trying to run CKAN and Wordpress on the same server, same domain, on port 80. Nginx is listening to port 80, and redirecting CKAN related requests (/dataset /user etc) to Apache port 8080, and rest to Wordpress at Apache port 8000. Most things are working fine, but some requests are getting internal error or server not found - things that don’t work include logging in/out with CKAN which seems to redirect itself.

My nginx setting is —>
location / {
        proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8000;
        include /etc/nginx/proxy_params;
    }
    location ~* ^/((activity|api|base|ckan-admin|dataset|dashboard|fanstatic|feeds|group|harvest|images|licenses|login_generic|organization|package|packages|resource|related|rating|search|storage|user)(.*))$ {
        proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8080/$1$is_args$args;
        include /etc/nginx/proxy_params;
    }

Is it possible to redirect using Nginx like this? If there is there a better/proper way to do this, can anyone give me any advise please? Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Shihoko