[ckan-dev] How to configure CKAN under a non-root path

Luis eltipicoemail at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 10:24:08 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We have a Drupal installation that lives under a root path so we are trying
to configure CKAN 2.5.1 under a non-root path ( /datos).

In order to achieve that goal we have the config below:

- In our virtualhost:

   # CKAN
   WSGIScriptAlias /datos /etc/ckan/default/apache.wsgi
   WSGIPassAuthorization On

- In our production.ini:

ckan.site_url = http://taro-des.fg.ull.es
ckan.root_path = /datos/{{LANG}}

This is almost working but when links are created subpath is added twice so
we get:

http://taro-des.fg.ull.es/datos/datos/dataset instead of
http://taro-des.fg.ull.es/datos/dataset

http://taro-des.fg.ull.es/datos/datos/group instead of
http://taro-des.fg.ull.es/datos/group

and so on.

We guess the first "datos" is added by Apache and the other one is added by
CKAN but we don't know how to fix this. Is this the correct way to
configure this feature?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards,