[ckan-dev] Q&A for datacats installs?

Derek Hohls dhohls at csir.co.za
Mon Jan 11 14:01:42 UTC 2016

Hi Ian

Thanks for the info.  I see you refer to the datacats git site for issues; but I also see some issues that are outstanding.

The specific issue I am interested in is the inclusion of CSW/pycsw into the datacats environment because that will be our primary source type for geospatial metadata.  I see there is one issue logged and one outstanding pull request (https://github.com/datacats/datacats/issues/301 and https://github.com/datacats/datacats/pull/303 ). Rather than reinvent any wheels; is there likely to be any movement on this in the near future (otherwise the only alternative seems to be to go back to a fully manual CKAN install process without all the benefits that Docker offers)?

Derek

>>> Ian Ward <ian at excess.org> 01/08/16 4:38 PM >>>
Hi Derek,

We don't have a mailing list, but feel free to use the issues on
github for problems you run into.

Installing most extensions in datacats just requires dropping the
extension in your source directory and running "datacats install".
Anything else you might need to do to get set up can usually be done
with the "datacats paster" (run a paster command from the extension in
the current directory) or "datacats shell" (open a shell inside the
environment)

Ian

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 9:13 AM, Derek Hohls <dhohls at csir.co.za> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'd like to know if this is the correct mailing list to post questions
> around the usage of the datacats (Docker-based CKAN) software?  I am
> struggling with adapting the usual approach to CKAN extension installations
> to the one used by datacats (e.g. adapting the
> http://docs.ckan.org/projects/ckanext-spatial/en/latest/install.html ).
>
> If this is not the correct forum, please point me in the right direction.
>
> Thanks
> Derek
>
> --
> This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail
> legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.
> The full disclaimer details can be found at
> http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

> MailScanner,
> and is believed to be clean.

and is believed to be clean.