[ckan-dev] Question about singular/plural translation

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Mon Jan 18 11:41:59 UTC 2016

On 17 January 2016 at 11:12, Stefan Oderbolz <stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch> wrote:
> No, there is only the latter entry, and no separate "singular" entry. Do you
> know if there _should_ be a separate entry? Or should _() return the
> singular form if called on an entry with both singular/plural forms?
>
> We use the same catalog for a PHP application, where the call to _() returns
> the singular form, which is what I expected. But I'm not sure if this is
> according to the spec and if not, which component does it "wrong".

I don't know it myself. I would expect _() to return the singular form
as you suggest. I didn't find any occurrence in the CKAN code base of
this situation though so I'm not sure what's the expected behaviour.
Try an create a minimal example calling babel directly to see how that
works, and then move up the stack.