[ckan-dev] CKAN 2.5.2 test suite errors

Espeland, James james.espeland at montana.edu
Wed Jul 13 05:40:49 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

I have been setting up a pilot instance of CKAN 2.5.2 following the CKAN documentation for Release 2.5.2.  I can run the Paste development server from the command line and see the CKAN front page.  The documentation then says to "run CKAN's tests to make sure that everything's working".

I'm still getting a number of errors when I run the tests.

My pilot environment includes:

centos 6.7

ckan 2.5.2

solr 6.0.0

java 1.8.0

python 2.7.11

postgres 8.4.20

jetty 9.2.15

I have created a solr core named ckan1.  I set the solr_url entry in test-core.ini to:

http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr/ckan1

I'm seeing a number of these errors:

SearchIndexError: SOLR 'http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr/ckan1' exception: HTTP code=400, Reason=Bad Request, body=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

I also see ImportErrors that state there is no module named factory.  When I run the following command:

pip install factory

I get this response:

Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): factory in /usr/lib/ckan/default/lib/python2.7/site-packages

Any help or advice regarding how to get the test suite to pass would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

--- Jim Espeland

james.espeland at montana.edu