[ckan-dev] ckanext-spatial deploy to production environment (datacats)

Wiebke Toussaint wiebke.toussaint at uct.ac.za
Fri Jun 3 12:37:45 UTC 2016

Thanks a lot for the helpful comments, John and Pedro.

I was hoping to hold out on installing a proxy service, which is also why the 'running in production site' instructions weren't helpful - couldn't find the apache.wsgi file. Alas, it seems like I'll have to broaden my horizons and do that if I want ckanext-spatial to work.

In terms of your other comments, I found datacats great for installing CKAN as a non-dev person. There were a couple of hiccups and some figuring out along the way though. Following your questions, I've gone back to the drawing bench and found the most recent useful discussion here:

https://github.com/datacats/datacats/issues/383#issuecomment-222665248

<https://github.com/datacats/datacats/issues/383#issuecomment-222665248>

Since I deployed my CKAN instance it seems like the datacats images on docker have not been updated for a while and CKAN images are back. I may just decide to dive back into Docker and the CKAN images and then decide which ones are more user friendly.

Cheers!

Wiebke