[ckan-dev] datapusher issues

Sasha Cuerda scuerda at ctdata.org
Tue Mar 15 20:56:52 UTC 2016

Good afternoon,

I'm in the process of deploying a new ckan 2.5 installation and we've run
into a set of very strange behavior.

Our installation is an update of a 2.2. We went through a process of
dumping and loading the database and local files, which went fine. However,
when we initiated our first new data publishing process, the datapusher
went, for lack of a better word, haywire.

What we are seeing is that a call to update the resources for one dataset
via a resource_create api call generate dozens upon dozens of "POST
/api/3/action/datastore_create HTTP/1.0" entries in our logs and the row
count grows, seemingly without any upper bound. The only way I've found to
stop the process from cycling is a hard reset of the apache server.

I can provide additional log output and/or settings as needed.

Thanks,

Sasha

--
CT Data Collaborative, Director of Technology
805 Brook St Building 4