[ckan-dev] ckanext-dcat doesn't create one field

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Tue Mar 15 20:41:17 UTC 2016

Hi David,

You are correct, this is a bug or at least an oversight on
ckanext-dcat. I've created an issue to address it:

https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-dcat/issues/61

The reason is not implemented is that sadly DCAT defines licenses at
the resource (distribution) level as opposed to CKAN, and well,
everybody else, that does so at the dataset level. We didn't want to
make any assumptions when the first default parsers/serializers were
written but we probably should have a default behaviour that takes a
pragmatic approach (like set the first license found on a distribution
to the dataset).

In the meantime you can write a custom profile that sets the relevant
triples on `graph_from_dataset` from the dataset license if present:

https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-dcat#writing-custom-profiles

Thanks for flagging this,

Adrià