[ckan-dev] Install lxml suggest install python 3

David davisoski at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 18:43:54 UTC 2016

Hi.

I want to install lxml in my server ubuntu 12.04 to use a python script
to manipulates the files created by ckanext-dcat.

Right now I'm doing it in windows with Python GUI and everythings works
great.

As I now CKAN use python 2.7, so trying to install lxml I get all this
package to install included python 3.

My question is, will I have problems installing this package in my
enviroment?. Is there another way to install lxml without install all
this package?
Thanks

Packages suggested to install lxml
# apt-get build-dep python-lxml
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Picking 'lxml' as source package instead of 'python-lxml'
   binutils build-essential cpp cpp-4.6 debhelper dh-apparmor dpkg-dev g++
   g++-4.6 gcc gcc-4.6 gettext html2text intltool-debian libc-dev-bin
   libc6-dev libcroco3 libdpkg-perl libexpat1-dev libgettextpo0 libgomp1
   libmpc2 libmpfr4 libpython3.2 libquadmath0 libssl-dev libstdc++6-4.6-dev
   libunistring0 libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev linux-libc-dev make po-debconf
   python-all python-all-dbg python-all-dev python-dbg python-dev
   python-pyrex python-setuptools python2.7-dbg python2.7-dev python3
   python3-all python3-all-dbg python3-all-dev python3-dbg python3-dev
   python3-minimal python3-pkg-resources python3-setuptools python3.2
   python3.2-dbg python3.2-dev python3.2-minimal zlib1g-dev
   libc-bin libc6 libssl1.0.0 libxml2
4 upgraded, 56 newly installed, 0 to remove and 45 not upgraded.
Need to get 129 MB of archives.
After this operation, 268 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? <mailto:ckan-dev at lists.okfn.org>