[ckan-dev] CKAN on SSL Wiki page

Nigel Babu nigel at nigelb.me
Tue Mar 29 04:32:23 UTC 2016

Hello folks,

I've had a todo item to kickstart a wiki page for setting up CKAN on
SSL. This page is finally ready: https://github.com/ckan/ckan/wiki/SSL

It's not complete. It can be made better. If you want to jump in, here
are the edits I can think about off the top of my head:

* There needs to be better Nginx configuration in line with modern
standards. The current configuration will not give a good SSL grade.
* We only have Apache 2.2 configuration sample at the moment, Apache 2.4
would also be good.
* Using letsencrypt to setup a certificate.

You're welcome to edit the wiki page with more information. If you have
questions, please feel free to reply to this thread. The eventual goal
is to move some of this documentation into CKAN's documentation.

--
nigelb