[ckan-dev] CKAN resource labels as hyperlinks

A Joseph ai.joseph867 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 13:57:22 UTC 2016

CKAN-dev team,

I’m trying to customize/configure the CKAN resource labels on the main
dataset page to include a hyperlink to the actual resource. For example,
when I click on the “CSV” label on the datasets page, I would like to be
prompted to download the file, rather than taking me to the dataset
description page. Currently, I have to click on the title, which takes me
to the description page, then click on the download button. Is there a
plugin or some sort of customization I need to do in order to have this
functionality?

In a nutshell, I'm wondering if I can download the resource from the main
dataset page (e.g. demo.ckan.org/dataset), instead of going the description
page, then clicking explore to download the resource.

Data.gov (e.g. http://catalog.data.gov/dataset) has the exact functionality
I'm looking for on the main datasets page.

Let me know if this is a possibility.

Thank you,

AJ