[ckan-dev] CKAN resource labels as hyperlinks

Pedro G Silva pedro.gracio at deimos.com.pt
Thu May 5 14:59:36 UTC 2016

templates/package/snippets/resources_list.html, generates the resources,
and points to this package/snippets/resource_item.html
on the latter, locate
  <a class="heading" href="{{ url }}" title="{{ res.name or res.description
}}">
    {{ h.resource_display_name(res) | truncate(50) }}<span
class="format-label" property="dc:format" data-format="{{
res.format.lower() or 'data' }}">{{ res.format }}</span>
    {{ h.popular('views', res.tracking_summary.total, min=10) }}

and change href to your resource. You may need to create a helper to give
you the direct link, or maybe there is one already on ckan. HOpe this helps

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 2:57 PM, A Joseph <ai.joseph867 at gmail.com> wrote:

> CKAN-dev team,
>
> I’m trying to customize/configure the CKAN resource labels on the main
> dataset page to include a hyperlink to the actual resource. For example,
> when I click on the “CSV” label on the datasets page, I would like to be
> prompted to download the file, rather than taking me to the dataset
> description page. Currently, I have to click on the title, which takes me
> to the description page, then click on the download button. Is there a
> plugin or some sort of customization I need to do in order to have this
> functionality?
>
> In a nutshell, I'm wondering if I can download the resource from the main
> dataset page (e.g. demo.ckan.org/dataset), instead of going the
> description page, then clicking explore to download the resource.
>
> Data.gov (e.g. http://catalog.data.gov/dataset) has the exact
> functionality I'm looking for on the main datasets page.
>
> Let me know if this is a possibility.
>
> Thank you,
>
> AJ

[image: DEIMOS Engenharia, SA] <http://www.deimos.pt>
*Pedro Gracio Silva*
Aerospace Systems / Production Center

*Av. D. Joao II, Lt 1.17.01, 10 • 1998-023 Lisboa, Portugal*
Ph: +351 21 893 3020 • Fax: +351 21 896 9099