[ckan-dev] Configuring the separator character in recline-view

Knud Möller knud at datalysator.com
Tue Oct 4 08:01:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

we want to use the recline-view plugin for external CSVs (via the resource
proxy plugin). Datastore is not an option. Does anyone have experience in
configuring the separator character in this scenario? A lot of the external
CSVs we want to visualise/preview use a semicolon as the separator, while
the recline-view plugin seems to have ‘,’ hard-coded as the separator.

I have seen this discussed on github (
https://github.com/ckan/ckan/issues/1296), but the issue was closed with no
solution. If anyone has found a way around this problem, we’d love to hear
from you! Alternatively, we might also work on adding a configuration
option ourselves - in that case, where should this happen? recline-view,
resource-proxy or someplace else?

Cheers,
Knud

--
Dr. Knud Hinnerk Möller
Datalysator - Web Data Solutions and Training
knud at datalysator.com
+49 151 46 44 83 25