[ckan-dev] Ckan - change the installation url

Pedro Ferro pedro.ferro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 14:08:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

After much struggling I was able to put up a ckan test site (great
achievement for a non IT guy J)

A development installation of CKAN 2.5.1with  Solr 5.1.0 @ Ubuntu 14.04

Now I would like to put the site accessible to the “world”.
The url of my ckan site is http://ipadress:5000
Now the network guys of my organization says that the url should be
something like http://ipadress:5000/ckan so they can put it accessible to
outside (don’t ask me why…)

I had the innocent hope that just changing, in the *development.ini* file,
the *ckan.site_url = http://ipadress:5000/ckan <http://ipadress:5000/ckan>*
could work, but no…

In short, anyone knows how can I change the url of my ckan installation to
be accessible at http://ipadress:5000/ckan ?

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

p.s. - is there some link where we can view&edit the topics like some kind
of forum?