[ckan-dev] Freshness field

Dan Mihaila danmihaila at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 11:12:28 UTC 2016

Hello,
We want to implement in our HDX data portal (http://data.humdata.org/) a
field (data freshness) which will help users to specify what is the
interval of time the data will refresh or a resource will be updated.
Basically we want to add at dataset level the data_update_frequency field.
Also there are 2 important fields that can help us trying to see what
resources needs updates or updated.

   1. data_update_frequency  - Dataset expected update frequency  - Shows
   how often the data is expected to be updated or at least checked to see if
   it needs updating
   2. dataset_date  -  Dataset date  -  The date referred to by the data in
   the dataset. It changes when data for a new date comes to HDX so may not
   need to change for minor updates
   3. revision_last_updated  -  Resource last modified date  -  Indicates
   the last time the resource was updated irrespective of whether it was a
   major or minor change

Are you aware of any extension that is doing this? In case there is no
extension (I couldn't find it) are any other people/projects interested in
such an extension?

*Dan Mihaila*, IT Consultant
(M) +40 722 502 304 • (GTalk) dan.mihaila at gmail.com • (Skype) carcotelul
• (Twitter) dan_mihaila • (Yahoo) carcotelul
  <dmihaila at dginternational.org>