[ckan-dev] Freshness field

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Wed Oct 19 16:41:19 UTC 2016

We implement some of these fields in our dataset schema on the Canadian
portal.

For our "freshness" field I tried to use ISO 8601 repeating intervals as
the values stored where they fit our controlled list:
https://github.com/open-data/ckanext-canada/blob/canada-v2.5/ckanext/canada/schemas/presets.yaml#L1871-L1948

CKAN includes a date on resources that is updated when new files are
uploaded, but nothing for linked resources (all our resources currently)
The update date fields we have must be updated manually or harvested from
systems that track it.