[ckan-dev] Linking data sources

O'Leary, Jim jim.oleary at vancouver.ca
Fri Oct 21 16:26:02 UTC 2016

The document page for CKAN says: "CKAN can store the resource internally, or store it simply as a link ". However, when I put a resource up to CKAN using the resource_create, the link is always to where the data are stored on the server. If I try to put up the resource without specifying "upload = " I get an error.

I have made a custom parameter called "unc_path" and here I can put in the UNC path to the resource on our network. However, the path is not linked and is only visible when you click "Show more" at the bottom of our page.

Is there a way to get the link into the URL and have it showing on the front page of the resource?

Thanks
Jim
Jim O'Leary
Programmer Analyst
GIS and CADD Services Branch
City of Vancouver
Tel: 604.871.6295
Fax: 604.871.6119
3rd Floor - 814 Richards St, Vancouver  BC V6B 3A7