[ckan-dev] CKAN docker image

John Jediny - TAA john.jediny at gsa.gov
Thu Oct 13 20:45:30 UTC 2016

A pure docker deployment isn't practical for production use; you need a
Docker Platform as a Service (PaaS) the core FOSS frameworks out there are
Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, and Mesos. Those handle things like sharing
cpu/memory across multiple hosts, applying their own networking,
volume/data persistance (in ckan without this solr/postgres will lose all
state/data), scheduling containers is the biggest concern being in how you
scale out and/or roll out upgrades but yet  still mount to the existing
volume, load balancing, external DNS/SSl, and discovery of all those
dynamic containers.

Point being let's not confuse Docker with being the end all be all