[ckan-dev] Email Config: SMTPException(

Forum forum at hello-web.net
Mon Oct 17 09:12:44 UTC 2016

Dear Lucia,

I worked around the same issue. But in my situation I did not want to
have my password in conf file. It's the reason why I just setup

email_to = email at mydomain.ch

As I have a dedicated workstation for CKAN I installed mailutils and it
works fine. May be it can be another option for you

      Install mailutils

#sudo apt-get install mailutils

Keep all by default

1.Make sure to select “Internet site”

2.Make sure to have *hostname.wsl.ch*, on the next window

Nota bene:
It works fine, but I still can not get e-mail when there is an new
activities or when there is a new registration, but I think this is
another problem... :o).
I receive error system is well sent to email at mydomain.ch. even if I have
not configured :

smtp.server =