[ckan-dev] Email Config: SMTPException(

lucia.espona at wsl.ch lucia.espona at wsl.ch
Mon Oct 17 09:53:48 UTC 2016

Thanks Pierre and Hendrik,

I solved it shortly afterwards, I sent the mail to list but I should't have changed the subject :(

The SMTP server of WSL doesn't support authentication neither starttls (and it only works behind firewall).
It worked by deleting username and password parameters in the config file.

For the moment I leave it like this but someday for production I guess I will need an alternative, (@Pierre) your advice with mailutils looks very useful.

The mail on registration is something one will have to implement for what I see.

Best,
Lucia

Dr. Lucia Espona Pernas

Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL
Hauptgebäaude Labortrakt (HL C21)
Zürcherstrasse 111
8903 Birmensdorf
Switzerland