[ckan-dev] ckanext geoview - wfs preview

Matthew Fullerton matt.fullerton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 07:30:44 UTC 2016

Dear Pedro,
I respect Guillaume's points, but one reason you might want WFS display is
to display metadata about e.g. points via popups etc*. At the end of the
day I think its nice to display actual data in CKAN and not just pictures.

WFS display should be possible, but it is currently not possible unless you
extract a single layer (at which point you are displaying a single GML
file):
https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-geoview/issues/25

I hope that helps, and good for you for trying to showcase the potential of
open data.

Best,
Matt

*This is a bit of a moot point as even if ckanext-geoview could handle WFS,
it doesn't do any metadata display currently

--
Matt Fullerton
Software development and data science for open data and mobility
matt at crowdsalad.de
+49 89 7456 0495 / +49 176 5789 6501
http://www.crowdsalad.de