[ckan-dev] ckanext geoview - wfs preview

Guillaume Sueur no-reply at neogeo-online.net
Thu Sep 29 09:51:07 UTC 2016

Hi,

WMS has got a dedicated request for this need. It's called
GetFeatureInfo and returns a html, xml or plaint text result holding the
feature's attributes in it.
WFS display is a real pain in the ass, even for desktop GIS software,
full of pitfalls regarding the service version (1.0, 1.1, 2.0...) and
the layers content. You don't want to go that way unless you have a good
reason to do so (concretely, in a web context, it would be dealing with
objects geometries, for editing or computing buffers or so).

Best regards

Guillaume