[ckan-dev] Function called on resource update

lucia.espona at wsl.ch lucia.espona at wsl.ch
Thu Apr 27 13:33:26 UTC 2017

 Dear all

I would like to know how to define a function that will be called when a resource is updated. The function will need to know which information (field, new value, old value) was changed.
What would be the best way to do this? I am using scheming and was thinking of using a validator.

Here is the context: in my ckanext-restricted extension, I would like that the user is notified by mail when he/she is granted access to access a restricted resource. This happens when the owner updates a field called "allowed_users" in the resource metadata. It is important that only the new added users get a mail.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Best regards,
Lucia

Dr. Lucia Espona Pernas

Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL
Hauptgebäaude Labortrakt (HL C21)
Zürcherstrasse 111
8903 Birmensdorf
Switzerland