[ckan-dev] Renaming CKAN terms/labels

Ted Strauss ted.strauss at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 18:34:19 UTC 2017

Posting an update on my issue:
- I have modified the en_GB/ ckan.po file to maek desired changes
- I compiled the po file into an mo file using the command:
sudo python setup.py compile_catalog -f --locale en_GB
- I have updated the production.ini file to set:
ckan.locale_default = en_GB
(also removed en_GN from locale_filtered_out)
- restarted apache

Unfortunately there is no change in the front end, it didn't work.
Checking /api/util/status confirms that en_GB is the active locale.

Have tried clearing cache and loading in multiple browsers.

Any suggestions?

I found this open issue on github, that is related:
https://github.com/ckan/ckan/issues/2475

Thx

ᐧ