[ckan-dev] DCAT JSON harvester license property not importing

Cam Findlay cam at camfindlay.com
Tue Feb 14 18:57:14 UTC 2017

Hi all.

Has anyone else had trouble with the DCAT JSON harvester in particular the
license property not being set on the harvested dataset?

Our JSON source includes at the dataset level:

"license": "https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/",

However the final result is no license gets set for the dataset post
harvest. I'd expect "Creative Commons Attribution" to show up but we get
nothing. If I edit the dataset and manually set the license then it shows
fine. So it seems to be lost on import for some reason.

No problems with the CKAN to CKAN harvester, we get the license correctly
so just checking if there is any known issues around DCAT JSON and license
properties.

Trying to determine if it's extension related or a problem at our end.

(Running CKAN 2.6.X, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)

Thanks in advance :)

Cam.