[ckan-dev] Failing to configure Google Analytics [ckanext-googleanalytics] plugin to track downloads

Steven De Costa steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au
Wed Feb 8 18:29:13 UTC 2017

Hi Sovello,

I asked Sergey in my team to take a look and he came back with the
following reply:

I took a quick look at extension - it seems that `resource_prefix` not
actually used anywhere. From our experience, i can suggest two possible
ways to make sure, that everything is working:
1. The whole `loadanalythics` is pretty old, so try to use analytics
dashboard instead. Download reports can be found in few places, one of
them Reporting -> Behavior -> Overview -> (left-bottom corner)
Events->Event Category. Do not forget to choose correct date range in
upper-right corner.
2. If it really doesn't work, check "Go to resource"/"Download" button
on resource's detail page. There should be class
`resource-url-analytics` among classes of this link - all download
reporting
is based on this class. There is few cases, when this class can be
missed:
- https://github.com/ckan/ckan/pull/3304 - in older versions
- when any other extension redefines template without adding this class

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 8:35 PM Sovello Hildebrand Mgani <
sovellohpmgani at gmail.com> wrote:

> If anyone could help with this?
> I haven't managed to solve this problem even after I posted here on the
> forum.
>
> Any pointers would be ao much appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
>
> On Feb 2, 2017 2:19 PM, "Sovello Hildebrand Mgani" <
> sovellohpmgani at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have configured ckanext-googleanalytics following the instructions here
> <https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-googleanalytics>.
> One thing that am not sure if I set correctly is the googleanalytics_resource_prefix
> = /download/ because everytime I loadanalytics, I get the message "*There
> is no download data for this time period"*
> Am thinking maybe that was supposed to be set otherwise, but am not sure
> how to set it correctly.
>
> Please help
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> :: Sovello Hildebrand Mgani ::
>

> --If you teach man to fish, you'll feed him a lifetime--

*STEVEN DE COSTA *|
*EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR*www.linkdigital.com.au