[ckan-dev] DCAT JSON harvester license property not importing

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Wed Feb 15 09:32:29 UTC 2017

Hi,

Yes, annoyingly DCAT defines license at the resource level and there
isn't one at the dataset level that resources can inherit from (but
there is one in catalog!)

https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-dcat/issues/42

Anyway, I think that the use case of grabbing the first license found
on a resource and applying it to the dataset is a common enough one to
implement it on the default profile, and people can override it if not
happy with it (it will be better than no license at all).

I'd be more than happy to review and merge a contribution if someone
is up for it.

Adrià