[ckan-dev] Adding and backup data

Pedro Ferro pedro.ferro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 17:54:52 UTC 2017

Hi,

I´ve installed Ckan 2.5.3 in a VirtualMAchine

Some basic doubts regarding adding and backup data:

1.      The Datapusher (that add data to Datastore) only allow to add csv
and xls/xlsx files, right?

2.      If I want to add other data type (like json, pdf, geojson, html …)
it must be through Filestore?

3.      From my understanding, data in Datapusher/Datastore could have a
backup since it’s data in a DB Postgresql. But how could I backup the data
that I have in Filestore?

4.      In my Ckan installation I add about 30 datasets, 5 groups, 3
organizations. If I want to make another Ckan installation is there a way
to import “automatically” all of that data (with the same attributes –
title, name, description, tags, etc). Or must I have to load all of that
data again “by hand”?

Thanks in advance,
Pedro Ferro