[ckan-dev] Environ Doesn't Return a REMOTE_USER Key

Fred Jr Pedro fredjrpedro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 01:56:00 UTC 2017

I'm configuring ckanext-saml2 (https://github.com/DataShades/ckanext-saml2)
extension on our Ckan 2.6.0 portal to work with Gluu Server, enabling SSO
authentication. But as I've done making my changes to the configuration, I
saw that Ckan throws a "Couldn't decode nameid, giving up" error. From the
source code, it says that it should get a value from the REMOTE_USER key
inside the environ. This REMOTE_USER key should contain the saml2 id of the
logged in user. From the threads that I've read, the culprit seems to be
the Apache configuration. What am I missing here?

Here are my configuration files if it can help
apache.wsgi
https://gist.github.com/fredpedro/012f498ca1c2aecff75b27948d4e4ec5
ckan_default.conf
https://gist.github.com/fredpedro/5f214a123c170a50f965262f0a734fef