[ckan-dev] Filestore API - error (Matthew Fullerton)

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Tue Jan 17 21:27:23 UTC 2017

That's a case that our API controller doesn't handle yet. We can do
nested data with a plain JSON body or multipart data with files
(treated by the API as a simple object with string or file upload
values). We can't currently express nested data as a multipart POST,
so uploading files to package_create or package_update isn't possible.

We could come up with a convention for nested data + multipart posts.

e.g. put the JSON in a "json" value and use jsonpath to insert uploaded files:

curl myckan --form 'json={
  "name": "mydataset",
  "resources: [
    {"name": "resource1"}
  ]
}'  --form '$.resources[0].upload=@path/to/my/file'

That would generalise to any action API call.