[ckan-dev] Show most downloaded datasets

Giulia Benotto benotto at netseven.it
Thu Jun 8 07:21:29 UTC 2017

Hi everyone..
I’m trying to develop a custom theme for my ckan installation and I would like to show the most downloaded datasets in the home page.
I have installed ckan 2.7 and I was trying to achieve that by using the following extension: https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-googleanalytics.
I managed to install it and to set up the statistic retrieval from google analytics fine, but I can’t find a way to show what I’m interested in. I guess the reason could be that ckan.authz has been removed in ckan 2. But I would like to know if there is a way to overcome this problem and show the most downloaded packages. Has anyone managed to do that with ckan 2? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Giulia