[ckan-dev] database connection error if database on a separate server

Karen Turner karen at catalyst.net.nz
Thu May 4 21:12:38 UTC 2017

Hi

We use a setup where postgres and solr are on a second server.
One thing to check is whether your web server and database server are
separated by a firewall.  In our case the firewall was silently dropping
the connection and CKAN didn't handle this and we would have to restart
all the processes.
The fix was to shorten the  keepalive in the Posgres configuration.

Cheers
 Karen