[ckan-dev] ckanext-spatial installation cannot install postgis

Andrew Brooks arb at sat.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Oct 25 15:29:41 UTC 2017

Hi

The instructions to install PostGIS don't seem to work:
"SELECT postgis_full_version()" returns:

POSTGIS="2.1.2 r12389" GEOS="3.4.2-CAPI-1.8.2 r3921" PROJ="Rel. 4.8.0, 6
March 2012" LIBXML="2.9.1" LIBJSON="UNKNOWN"

There's no mention of GDAL. (Indeed no gdal deb packages are installed,
should they be?)

There's also errors:
NOTICE:  Function postgis_gdal_version() not found.  Is raster support
enabled and rtpostgis.sql installed?
NOTICE:  Function postgis_topology_scripts_installed() not found. Is
topology support enabled and topology.sql installed?
NOTICE:  Function postgis_raster_scripts_installed() not found. Is raster
support enabled and rtpostgis.sql installed?
NOTICE:  Function postgis_raster_lib_version() not found. Is raster support
enabled and rtpostgis.sql installed?

How do I solve those errors?

I tried "CREATE EXTENSION postgis;" but get the error "PostGIS is already
installed in schema 'public', uninstall it first"

Thanks

P.S. I know this question was asked over a year ago but I didn't see a reply